Dalam SKL UN bahasa Inggris juga akan kita temui beberapa ungkapan bahasa Inggris yang berkeaitan dengan Asking and Giving Directions. Untuk itu anda harus mempelajari dengan baik beberapa ungkapan yang kerap digunakan
Here is some useful vocabulary for asking directions in English.
Asking for directions
- Could you show me the way to?
- How do I get to …?
- What’s the best way to …?
- What’s the quickest way of getting to your office?
- Where is the way to …?
- Where are you exactly?
- Can you tell me the best way of getting to your office?
- Could you tell me the way to ….?
- Could you direct me to the…?
- Can you direct me the way to….?
- Please tell me how I can get to….
- Which way is it to…..?
- I need direction to get to….
- I’d like to go to…
- Is this the way to…
Some Phrases to Show Direction
- Go straight on (until you come to …).
- Turn back./Go back.
- Turn left/right (into …-street).
- Go along ….
- Cross …
- Next to …
- at the end (of)
- on/at the corner (of)
- across from
- traffic lights
- in front of, in back of, in the middle of
- Take the first/second road on the left/right
- It’s on the left/right.. / (to) (on) the right/left of
- (Just) around the corner
Getting information for directions
- “Will you be coming by car or by train?”
- “It’s much easier if you take the train.”
- “Which hotel are you staying at?”
Giving directions in English
- “We’re not far from…” or “We’re quite close to…”
- “It’s about a mile / kilometre / two blocks from…”
- “We’re opposite / next to / in front of / across the road from / round the corner from the supermarket.”
- “Follow the signs to …”
- “There’s a one-way system in the centre of town.”
- “Go straight on / left / right at the lights / at the roundabout /at the junction of … and …”
- “Go past the mall.”
- “You’ll come to / see …”
- “It’s the first turning on the right after the bank.”
- “You’ll see a large sign / roundabout.”
- “On your left you’ll see an industrial centre / a hospital / the police station.”
- “Just after the level crossing / shopping centre (or mall).”
- “Go past the petrol station / the garage.”
Demikian beberapa ungkapan yang berkaitan dengan Asking and Giving Direction. Silahkan anda pelajari dengan baik. Selamat belajar.