Thanking adalah ungkapan bahasa Inggris untuk menyatakan terikmakasih. Ada beberapa situasi kapan dan mengapa anda mengucapkan rasa terima kasih. Coba simak situasi berikut :
1. Thank for a gift;
The person receiving a gift usually say three things : first, an expression of thanks; second, a compliments on the gift itself or showing that the recipient like the gift, and third, a question relating to the gift (its origin, use make etc).
2. Thank for favor
A favor is doing something for another person that the doer had no obligation to do, for example mailing a letter so the sick people are not necessary to go out.
3. Thank for an offer of hel
We always thank someone who offers to help you, whether you accept their help or refuse it politely. (You can say, “No, thank you; No, but thank you for offering)
4. Thank for a greeting or asking for health
When someone asks about your health, you have to say thanks.
5. Thank for an invitation
Remember that it is polite to say thank if someone makes an invitation, for instance for a party, whether or not you accept the invitation.
6. Thanks for compliments and wish of success
When we receive a compliment or wish of success, it is appropriate to say thank you, and it’s possible to make a comment about the thing being complimented.
7. Thank for service, such as being waited on in a store or restaurant.
It is also accepted to say thank you for anybody who gives you a service, a student gives thank to the teacher or a lecture for his paper, the patient gives thanks to the doctor, the passenger to the taxi driver etc
Berkut beberapa standar ungkapan terima kasih dalam bahasa Inggris :
- I’m very grateful for…
- I’m so grateful for..
- That was nice of you. Thank you.
- Thank you. But you really shouldn’t have.
- Thank you very much for…
- Thanks so much for..
- Thanks a million.
- Thanks anyway.
- Thank you.
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you for everything.
- Thank you very much indeed.
- Thank you for your coming
- I really appreciate it.
- I can’t thank you enough.
- I’m very much obliged to you.
- I’m much obliged
- Much obliged to you.
- I’m very grateful
- I don’t know how to thank to you.
- I can’t find words how to thank you.
- How kind of you.
- It was very nice of you.
- Very kind of you.
- I won’t forget it during my life.
- I’m deeply in debt.
- Thanks for fail attempt
- Thanks you for trying.
- I appreciate your help, anyway.
- Thank you very much for your effort.
- Thanks, anyway.
- Thanks a lot for tying, at least.
Responses of Thanking
- You’re most welcome
- You’re quite welcome.
- You’re entire welcome.
- Don’t mention it.
- It was my pleasure.
- No trouble at all.
- That’s quite all right.
- It’s OK.
- All right.
- Not at all.
- Don’t worry about it.
- Forget it.
- Never mind.
Demikian berbagai ungkapan Thanking, selamat mempelajari.
Baca juga :
- Greetings, Asking for Conditions, Introducing dan Leave Taking
- Compliments and Prides (Mengucapkan Pujian dan Rasa Bangga)
- Apologies (Meminta Maaf)
- Sympathy and Condolences (Rasa Simpati dan Duka Cita)